I was talking to my in-house lender in my Century 21 office the other day about the latest statistics from the National Association of Realtors about the rising number of single women homebuyers.
In 2004, only 18% of all homebuyers were single women. The latest report shows that number has risen to 22%, a significant gain in less than 5 years. Some reasons cited more single women homebuyers are that:
– Women are becoming better educated
– More women are working and seeking financial independence
– Young women are delaying marriage
– More women own & operate their own businesses (38% of all businesses in America)
More recently, the reasons are that single women homebuyers are attracted by:
– Interest rates are at historic lows
– Affordable home prices
– Ample housing supply
– First-time homebuyer tax credit
According to the NAR survey, single women homebuyers want:
– A safe community (single women account for a large number of condominium purchases where they find a sense of security)
– A home office (home-based businesses are very popular among women)
– Maintenance friendly yards
– Lots of storage
– Natural light, especially in the master suite and bathroom
There are many homes available in Sylmar and the San Fernando Valley that fit the above profile for single women homebuyers. Be sure to call me if you are a single woman homebuyer or if anyone you know wants to buy or sell a home. Thank you!
Ms. Jacky Walker
Realtor – DRE License #01124140
Century 21 All Moves
11011 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA 91344