Experts tell us that home buyers seek certain key features in the homes they buy, and that these desirable features do change over time. Years ago the bells-and-whistles feature was a family room. Today it might be a home office or game room. A recent trend is toward smaller homes that have character, such as old-faxhioned clawfoot tubs and casual flexible spaces that can function differently as the need arises.
At the International Builders Show in Las Vegas recently, AVID Ratings Co. released survey results of the most sought-after features in new homes. Following is their compendium of the “must” features wanted by buyers of today’s new homes:
1. Large kitchen with island and granite countertops
2. Energy-efficient appliances, windows and insulation
3. Home office or study room
4. Master suite on the ground/main floor
5. Outdoor rooms with cooking zones
6. Ceiling fans
7. Master bath soaker tubs or oversized showers
8. Stone and brick exterior treatments
9. Nearby walking paths and playgrounds
10. Two car garages, at minimum
There are many homes available in Sylmar and the San Fernando Valley that have most of the top 10 features mentioned in the survey results above. Be sure to call me if you are thinking about buying or selling a home. Thank you!
Ms. Jacky Walker
Realtor – DRE License #01124140
Century 21 All Moves
11011 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA 91344